Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What are your weaknesses?

Last night I was watching the Biggest Loser, and I typically don't watch it on a regular basis, but I do catch snippets at the end on Tuesday nights when my in laws watch it at our house.  The point that stood out the most to me in the show was when Chris was crying about being on the show and that the show was her "temporary" and that being at home with her husband/family was her "forever" as she proceeded to eat a hamburger continually dipped in Mayo and.......  Peanut butter???? 

That's just gross!  Really Chris?!? 

Anyways, what stood out to me was that her weakness was her husband.  She cared more about what he thought than her own health and the OPPORTUNITY that was given to her.  The Biggest Loser probably has a ton of applicants for the show that would truly appreciate the opportunity and the experience to get healthier.  She ended up gaining 2 lbs back from her binge and was sent home.

Sometimes while dieting/exercising we don't get the greatest support.  People get jealous of your success, get tired of hearing about it, or they get tired of you not being able to participate in fattening foods, restaurants, etc., because you are in fact "on a diet".  My best advice is to find new friends.  Not to totally get rid of the other ones, but find other friends that support and motivate you in finding your own success.  For the most part my friends are also working on dieting and exercising, so it works out for me. 

My question to the readers that I do have is:  What is your weakness when it comes to weight loss?  Is it a certain food, person, and/or atmosphere?  It's hard to be committed 100% of the time, especially when it comes to a diet. I know I have only a few followers, but I do have a ton of daily readers, so PLEASE comment!  I'd really like to know.    

So, with that said, I'll fill you in on my biggest weakness.  It's really the atmosphere that pulls me into my demise.  My hubby is a singer.  Not only is he a singer, he is a GREAT singer.  He'd put most of The Voice contestants to shame this season.

Aw, just look at that sexy piece of man meat.  -->> 

Regardless, he is typically in some kind of karaoke contest to where he needs support and a crowd.  I usually go out once a week to watch him and of course, it's usually at some kind of bar. 

My biggest weakness is BEER.  I'm usually great with resisting foods and keeping things in moderation, but when it comes to that golden bubbly, then moderation is forgotten.  "Once it hits your lips" is my motto, in my best Will Ferrell impression that I can do.  

It's not only the taste that gets me, but it's also that sense of relaxation that comes over me and I'm NOT talking about being drunk...  It's that sense of calm I get while hanging out with my friends and relaxing since I'm usually so busy that I can't keep up at home.  If it's not taking care of Brynn, I also have laundry, cleaning the house, taking the trash out, mowing the yard, doing the up keep in the yard, working out, washing dishes, making food for Sam, making food for Shawn, washing bottles, finding time to make food for myself, going grocery shopping, taking photos of for someone, editing those photos, etc, etc, etc.  You get the point.... I'm a busy biotch! 

Sitting there while that golden delight flows down my throat is the only time where I get to just SIT and not think about any of my at home routines.  Yes, working out is my only "me" time I get as a mother and even though I DO enjoy it, it's still work.  It is the ONLY work I actually enjoy doing though!

This week Shawn is in two contest, both of which I am not attending....  Like I said earlier, I only allow myself away from my daughter ONE night a week and that happens to fall on Saturday this week.  We're invited to our friends annual "peep roast".  Basically, we do a bonfire and roast some Easter peeps for smores and such, in which I will not partake in, but I will be super excited for some Coors Light!  :))))

Ok, I shared, now what is your weakness?

XOXO
 






                  

3 comments:

  1. Buffalo wings and beer. I could eat it every freaking day. I never never get sick of going to Buffalo Wild Wings. If someone has wings at a party or dinner or whatever, I always tell myself I'll just have a few and then look down to see a mountain of wing carcasses. And goodness knows you can't wash those babies down with water. It just isn't right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Shawn is a cutie and looks like he sings his ass off! :)

    First of all, I'm glad you wrote about Chris. I missed this week's episode, but read about what she did and I was disgusted. People that do this kind of thing make me sad. This kind of thing being putting other people in front of YOUR own health. I understand if/when you have a husband and family and they ARE your world, but your body and well-being is also important!

    I actually have a couple weaknesses. #1. Beer and wine :) I like to relax and have a good time and be social. Granted, no, you don't have to drink to be social, but I enjoy it so I do. This is definitely my main weakness: "Social Binging"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, beer is a common theme, so I don't feel as bad. lol Meg, I know what ya mean about the wings... I can't ever turn down Mr. B's wings... They are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete