Friday, April 6, 2012

Stay strong PEEPS, it's Easter Weekend!

The hardest part about dieting are the special events/occasions that we run into throughout the year.  My best advice is to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN ahead and to show some will power.  You can try eating before your family event or bringing your own food.  I DO understand that it's hard to resist your favorite meals.  With that said it is OK to splurge, but don't go overboard!  Remember your serving sizes and eat in moderation.  Eating too much will put a "hitch in your giddy-up" for the week, and no one would want that!!!!  LOL  Ok, so I am from the South and I do say weird phrases on occasion.

For those of you that don't know, here are the portions sizes.  It will also benefit to use the smallest plate you can find and eat the healthier choices first so that you may be full or slowing down by the time you get to the good stuff:

In celebration of the weekend, I wanted to share two funnies that I found.  This one I have never seen before and it absolutely cracks me up:


Funny, right?  OK, maybe not, but that's my sense of humor.  This is one I have seen in previous years and it's my favorite every year:

Lastly, stay strong PEEPS!  I've decided to make Fridays my day of motivation, since the weekends are typically the the hardest days to stick to a diet.  I want to post either photos of what I wish to look like someday or encouraging words, so with that said, here they are:   

Short and to the point!

My major motivator and inspiration (Chalene Johnson), she is just plain gorgeous!


Have a great weekend and Easter!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I kinda feel special that I'm your only follower. I WANT YOU ALL TO MYSELF!!!! haha JUST kidding :) I hope you get more followers soon! You're doing great things my friend and I'm SO happy I found you!

    YOU motivate MY butt to get up and do my workouts- love this post especially. You know EXACTLY what you need to do to succeed. People look to people like you for motivation.

    See ya over on FB chica ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking that someday soon someone else will find what I write interesting... I probably could get more followers if I posted my link to fb or pinterest, but I'm not quote sure I'm ready for people I grew up with knowing how much I weigh until I see more progress. I do get plenty of profile views, just no other follower. I just started this bit, so I'm sure sooner or later it will happen. :)

      Delete