Monday, April 2, 2012

Update

So, I know I have taken some time off from blogging, but I recommitted myself as of yesterday to my diet/exercise.  I took about 3 weeks off from dieting.  Sometimes I just get in that mode where I don't want to be as strict with it and it helps me recommit for the full term weight loss that I have planned.  I have been working on things though, just not weight loss.  For example, I finally stopped breastfeeding.  It was an emotional and physical challenge, and as all mommies know, there's no point to even look at the scale through this process.  

While I was breastfeeding, I wasn't exercising much and doing the weight watchers program.  I have had some great results for the 6 weeks I was committed in the 2 month period, but I feel like I can do better now that I am no longer attached full time to my daughter.  I'm changing my diet to the 1500 calories.  For some reason mentally, Weight Watchers isn't going to do it for me knowing that I will only get 32 points a day, that's a big change from my 40 points I was using while breastfeeding.  I know it all works out to be the same, but I've always had success with the 1200-1500 calorie diets.  I'm also adding walking and Turbo Fire to my exercise routine.  I'm hoping for better result the next 6 weeks as I transition into these changes.          

In the first 6 weeks, here's what I was able to accomplish:

Speaking of goals, here are mine as of today:
·         Lose my first 10 lbs.  COMPLETED!
·         Get under pre-baby weight- COMPLETED! 
·         Weigh in under 200 lbs
·         Lose 50 lbs
·         Weigh in at 150lbs
·         Reach the BMI for my height and weight
·         Run a 5K
·         Run a half marathon

Before/After results:

Jan. 23, 2012
Waist: 51"
Calves: 18.5"
Neck: 14"
Thigh: 29"
Arms: 14.5"
Chest: 46" (Breastfeeding)
Hips: 50"
Weight: 234.6 lbs

April 2, 2012
Waist: 46"
Calves: 17"
Neck: 13"
Thigh: 25 1/2"
Arm: 13"
Chest: 43"
Hips: 49"
Weight: 214.6 lbs
                           
TOTAL: 17.5" and 20lbs!

On that note, here is the most recent picture of my daughter and I taken on Saturday.  We were representing our college BB team- GO UK WILDCATS!!!  For whatever reason It's not letting me rotate the picture, but ya get the hint.  :)   






3 comments:

  1. Hi! So glad I found your blog :) I love weight loss blogs/journeys, etc. :) Your numbers are amazing!!!

    What workouts do you do?

    I'm on my second round of Insanity! Yes. Insanity. It's amazing. It has given me AMAZING results, seriously. I used to run, but my knee doesn't like running :(

    Hope to hear from ya girl! Would love to keep in touch as you go through your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, duh, I missed the Turbo Fire part. YAY!! I'm all about some at-home DVD workouts! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenny! For the most part, my first 6 weeks I walked when I could, but I really didn't work out much. I did stay busy like crazy though being a new momma. I feel like things never slow down anymore! I can say that if you haven't tried the Turbo Fire, then you should. I feel like it's an amazing Beach Body product. I also kind of have a girl crush on Chalene, well not really a crush, but She's my idol with her attitude, energy, and physical appearence. Thanks for following me, I discovered that blogging is a great way to find support and new friends with common interest. I look forward to reading your stuff as well!

    ReplyDelete