Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It's a FANTASTIC kind of day!

Today I woke up feeling great.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that my basketball team won last night for the 8th championship in history-GO UK WILDCATS- or the fact that I have worked out 3 days in a row and my little positive endorphins are running around all happy today.

It's actually a big surprise to me that I woke up feeling so good.  My 6 month old unfortunately still sleeps with me, and yes, spare me on the comments about how bad this is, BUT I love her beside me at night.  My husband typically falls asleep in his computer chair at night, so if she isn't beside me in that queen size paradise it would be really lonely.  We didn't have the best of nights though with sleep.  She woke up and tossed and turned all night, and of course I'm awake the entire time making sure she was OK.  I believe she is going through another growth spurt, because that child can eat all day long!  So, I'm running on little sleep today, and if this momma gets less than 8 hours, then I'm usually a grumpy ass, BUT NOT TODAY!

So, last night Brynn and I strolled for 2.3 miles and I did great with my dieting.  Today I woke up and I was going to go for a stroll again, but Brynn was being very needy when she woke up.  After taking care of her and feeding her, I had 30 mins left until I had to get ready for work.  I decided to pop in the Turbo Fire for the first time and do the 30 min. workout.

Let me just say that I used to do the Turbo Jam work outs and I have always loved them.  Turbo Fire is Turbo Jam on crack.  It's sooooo fast paced.  I did enjoy every minute of it, but I found myself looking stupid through most of the transitions.  LUCKILY, it was just Brynn and I in the house, otherwise I would have been embarrassed by looking so goofy this morning.  I get over it though knowing how great I am going to look again some day.  Speaking of which, I wanted to share a photo from when I lost 60 lbs my senior year of HS.  I wish I had a before photo, but I am afraid those are hidden and tucked away somewhere at my parents house since I lived with them at that time.

This was taken like a week before I got pregnant with Brynn and I was about the same weight then as I am now, maybe 5 lbs less if anything:


Of course this is when I was 19 years old, so I feel like I wear my hair/make up slightly better, but I can't get over how much thinner my face is. 


I showed this to my husband and he said that it didn't even look like me.  I'm not sure how I should take that, but I he has no issues with the way I look now.  Actually, with as thin as he is (he has a 6 pack and doesn't do a THING!), I am surprised that he never says anything about it.  He always just tells me how pretty/sweet I am, and so I know that that is TRUE love.  It's something that I never had in any of my previous relationships.

One of the main reasons I feel like I gained so much weight on top of having Grave's Disease was that I was so unhappy in my first marriage.  I felt very alone and trapped into something that I felt like I can't get out of.  I also took on a lot of emotional abuse with it.  So, I want to make sure that I say this to ANYONE that reads this..... MAKE A CHANGE if you are that unhappy!!  I don't care what society says about getting a divorce.  SOMETIMES, it is the right decision for your happiness and health!  When I divorced my ex husband, I weighed in at a whopping 264 lbs and I wish I had pictures to show, but I avoided the cameras at all cost.  Today I am 214 and I am feeling great! 

I know 214 lbs isn't something to be excited about, but it is the thinnest I have been in 6 years and I'm looking forward to being 130lbs again someday soon!  Have a great day everybody!

Skinny Gal..... Somewhere. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It doesn't look like you, but you look So gorgeous NOW! Not to say you didn't then, but mama- you are so pretty! I can't wait to see you hit your goal weight- OH, and you're right, to SOME people your 214 may not mean much, but it's an amazing feeling, no?? It's awesome in my book!!

    ReplyDelete