Friday, April 20, 2012

New this week: Sabotage

Every now and then we have those weeks where the world is against us losing weight!!  That week for me is this week.  I'm not sure how Sunday's weigh in and measurements are going to pan out for me.  I feel like I have been completely sabotaged!  I have a very difficult time doing the following:  1.Turning down FREE food, 2. Going to a bar and NOT drinking that golden delish, 3. Resisting the temptation of festival food.  Every time I think of the sabotage this week, Beastie Boy's song "Sabotage" pops in my head. 



So, this is what the Universe had in store for me this week:

  • A social bonfire to where I couldn't resist drinking.  It was our annual peep roast, and there was no way I was going to just sit in my lawn chair and not enjoy myself.  Last year I was pregnant, which meant this year- IT..... WAS..... ON! 

  • Shawn's competition finals at the Fox in Hound.  I couldn't resist being a social butterfly and, well, drinking on top of that too.  

  • Work catered in Toroni's pizza (local establishment), which is like my FAVORITE pizza.  So, I had (5) 2-3" veggie pizza squares and tried to resist any more than that.

  • If that wasn't bad enough, work catered Grandy's in again yesterday.  I only ate veggies again and didn't eat the fried chicken.  I did probably have bigger portions as well of the veggies.  It was torture watching everyone else enjoy the fried chicken that I resisted.  

  • I'm pretty sure Brynn's first tooth has been pushing through this week.  She has been majorly fussy, we've had two sleepless nights, and even though I couldn't see a tooth this morning, it felt like one was just about there and pushing through her bottom gum.  When I don't get enough sleep, I tend to want to eat more the next day. 

  • AND LASTLY, this weekend is my hometowns annual Tri-fest.  I already have plans to eat a big ol' bratwurst with onions, mushrooms, green peppers, and mustard.  THEY ARE TO DIE FOR!  Plus, an orange or lemon shake-up.  HEY don't look at me like that, Tri-fest only happens ONCE a year.  I can sabotage one week out of the 20 committed Turbo Fire weeks. 

On the positive side of the house, I have worked out every day so far.  I'm hoping that this week I can just pull out a MAINTAINED weight and measurement.   

I was totally agitated this morning when I went to upload Shawn's videos of the karaoke contest the other night and found that the video took on his cellphone, but for some reason the audio was just static.  I wanted to cry.  He only does these songs for contest finals and so it's not often he sings them.  Regardless, here is an audio of Clay Walker's "Fall" from country week.  He does a great job with the song, but it's definitely not his best.  This was an audio recording from a cellphone, so you can hear all the feed in the background and it's nothing like it sounds like in person.  

 
So, there ya have it.  Hopefully, everyone else is doing better than I am this week.  It is MOTIVATIONAL Friday, so I leave you with this: 

I need this on my fridge this week--->>>>

I saw this picture on Pinterest and could not stop laughing.  It's so fitting! 
     





And a photo of a midsection I would absolutely die for!-->> 

TGIF! 

No comments:

Post a Comment