Friday, April 13, 2012

Tools for Weight loss

This might be a post that I really should come out with later, but I wanted to share some of my favorite tools that I use for losing weight/inches and working out.  

First off, write everything you put in your mouth down in a WRITTEN journal.  I've used the cell phone apps that are weight loss journals and if you're like me, then it's just not the same.  I have a hard time remembering to put the information in my phone, because IT IS indeed my CELL PHONE.  I pick my phone up and I think about my text messages that I have to respond to, the Draw Something peeps I have to play, my missed calls, AND IT'S NEVER the thought of inputting my food into an App. 

So, keep a small journal in your purse, back pocket, or where ever you can access it at all times.  I accidentally left my journal in my diaper bag last week and I felt completely naked the entire day at work.  That also makes a good point too---At first writing down what you eat seems like a hassle, but once you start doing it, it becomes a natural habit.  Writing down your workouts and what foods you consume is the ONLY way you will be able to make changes with your diet.  If you're not losing weight/inches, then you should be able to see the mistakes you have made on a daily and weekly basis.  That you can make adjustments for the future.

Secondly, right beside my journal I will also have my Calorie King 2012 edition Counter.  Of course you could again use your phone and look up the food calories and such, but I've found that having this handy little book is MUCH faster when on the go.          

Of course there are different versions of this book that you could use, but this one is small and has just about everything I need in it.  I keep this in my purse along with my journal.

On my off days for Turbo Fire, I enjoy walking around my neighborhood.  My absolute favorite app for walking is "RunKeeper".  It should look like this -->>

Every 5 minutes it will update you with how long you have been running/walking, your pace speed (which motivates me to walk faster), how far you have ran/walked (LOVE THIS), and how many calories you have burned.  How great is that?  It's just a great tool that motivates me to walk longer and push myself harder. 

I consider all things that help you lose weight as tools, SO with that said, Turbo Fire is my favorite tool to date.  I've been doing it now religiously for 2 weeks and I still haven't gotten bored with it.  Actually, I am considering becoming a Beachbody Coach.  

Being a Coach for Beachbody doesn't mean that I am the most fit person on the planet.  It mostly means that I enjoy the workouts and I can spread the word on how great the product is working for me.  I'm sure most of you would question, "What's in it for me?"  For the most part I'd like to be a Coach, because it can help me continue the program and complete it until I can try a different one.  This commits me to the fullest, plus there are a few other money incentives that I'd like to tap into as well.  I enjoy motivating others and I do love the program, why not help others and benefit myself?!?  I've actually been doing Turbo Jam since 2007, but not religiously like the Turbo Fire.  In the end, it works out for me, the company, and getting others involved.  

Lastly, I give a lot of my success to my measuring tape.  It's the most simple and inexpensive tool that you can buy.  Of course this isn't something that helps me lose weight physically, BUT this little guys is an instant gratification tool that pushes and challenges me to keep going every week-Mentally.  I personally find this more important than having a scale to weigh myself.  

Sometimes our body weight fluctuates based on what we eat and drink every day.  I found that my little silver beast of a scale that sits in my bathroom floor frustrates me more than ANYTHING when it comes to losing weight.  Almost to the point of asking myself, "Why do I work so hard every week?"  I'm sure many of you have this same feeling, SO don't go by the scale (at least not on a daily basis).  It truly is the DEVIL OF ALL THINGS!  

----------------------------------

Guess what????  IT'S MOTIVATION FRIDAY!  


Well, why the hell not???  LOL  I love this message and constantly have to remind myself of it.  My mom told me just the other day, "It took time to gain the weight, it's going to take time to lose it as well." 


Well played Mom!


And a photo of hottness...  Wow, I can't wait to look like that someday....  --->

Have a great weekend and enjoy yourself, I know I will at our annual Peep Roast!

Ciao.

Skinny Gal..... Somewhere.
                  

1 comment:

  1. We both will definitely look like that someday...SOON!

    I wanna just say...totally in agreeance (sp?) with the phone food ap tracker thingies. Dislike them. I'm a writing down on paper kinda gal for stuff such as that. I'm just more prone to do it!

    Beachbody Coach?? Sounds like a GREAT opportunity!! ;)

    ReplyDelete