Sunday, April 15, 2012

Honey/Banana French Toast

Honey/Banana French Toast

This is a breakfast that I eat quite often on the weekends when I have time to make food and I'm not in a hurry.  This is 217 calories, 3.5g of fat, and 2 WW plus points per serving.  This recipe makes 2 servings. 


Ingredients
1 banana
2 slices of whole grain/wheat bread
ground cinnamon
1 tsp of honey
1 egg
1 tbl of skim milk
dash of salt

1. Whip together egg, milk, and salt in a bowl.
2. Transfer mixture onto a plate.  Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the mixture and lightly swirl it around.  Dip both sides of bread into the mixture and throw onto a skillet at medium heat.  Make sure to use Pam or oil on your skillet so that the french toast doesn't stick. 
3. Flip french toast until cooked.
4. Slice up a banana and once the toast is done, put slivers of banana onto the toast.  Sprinkle ground cinnamon over the bananas.
5. Lastly, drizzle honey on top and serve!

Enjoy!

-Skinny Gal.....  Somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I made french toast this morning, but it sounds even better with honey and banana! What kind of bread do you use? We've been using the Healthy Life 100% whole wheat. I think it's 1 point for 2 slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bought Brownberry 100% whole wheat the past couple times. I like the way it taste and I like the thicker breads. :)

      Delete