Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Golden Handcuff

So, today I am tired.  My work decided they would actually enforce the rules for once and now we're required to work (2) 12-9 shifts, in which I put my foot down with my boss and told him that I go to bed about 9:30pm and I need to keep my Brynnie on schedule.  He said that I could work 11-8, which still puts a hitch in my gitty up.  I have been working 9-6 since I came back to work in December and Brynn and I are on a nice little routine. 

Here's what I hate about the change in shifts. 
  1. The 11-8 shift seems to drag on FOREVER. 
  2. I'll have to work through lunch and supper, which means I have to plan and prepare even more to eat healthy food all day since I will be here through both times.
  3. If I don't come home until 8, then the hubs will let Brynn sleep in his arms from 5:30-8 and not play with her to keep her awake. 
  4. That means that I get LESS sleep at night since she won't fall asleep at 9:30-10, it'll be more like 12-1am.  
  5. I have to workout at night on the 9-6 shift and then the next day I have to workout in the morning when I work 11-8, which leaves me REALLY exhausted like I am today.  Twelve hours or so is not enough time to recover from the intense Turbo Fire workouts.  There's a reason they advertise that you burn 9X more fat doing the workouts, because it's ABSOLUTELY true!
With that said, if I could find a better job that pays me what I currently get paid, then I would totally go somewhere else.  That's why my co-workers call this place "The Golden Handcuff", because the job itself is horrible, but it pays so well that we have to stay regardless of what we think.  Unfortunately, I am the bread winner in my house, so I have to continue to suck it up until I can find something different.  AND who has the time to apply, apply, apply, all the time???  I surely don't!

I guess that's why I became a Beachbody coach/consultant.  I have hopes that one day I will be my own boss.  The great thing about being a Beachbody coach is that I have a big O' open market.  Unlike Scentsy, Thirty-One, and Mary Kay, I have unlimited people in my area to share my story with and I don't know of any other Beachbody Consultant in my area to step on my feet. 

I can say the only difficulty I have came across is all the pirating of the Beachbody products.  Why buy it when they can pirate it and do it for free??  It's really frustrating, but there are people out there that are interested in actually buying the programs so that they can have the full set of information, calendars, meal plans, etc.

I can say that I had Hip Hop Abs pirated at one time-years ago.  I popped the disk in once and never tried it again.  There is a MAJOR difference in buying the full set and in copying the workout on the disk, ESPECIALLY when/if you join an accountability team or become a coach. 

With that said, if anyone may be interested in joining the Beachbody team or becoming a coach as well, please contact me on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/stephanielpotter

Or shoot me a message on here or to my email: 

slpotter83@gmail.com

I promise I don't bite!

3 comments:

  1. It's true! Being a Beachbody Coach and hearing someone say, "Doing Turbo Fire today!! Got it off e-bay!" hurts my soul!!!!! haha :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking my calling is going to be house parties for now. Once I get more fit I am hitting the gyms and everywhere and anywhere someone will listen to my story. Whoo-Rahhh! I have complete confidence I will get there some day. You better believe it!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhh mid shift does suck! Maybe take those days as your rest days?

    ReplyDelete