Sunday, July 1, 2012

Random Sunday Post

I usually never post on Sundays, if I do, it's because I have nothing better to do.  Though today, that is not true.  I have plenty of chores I could be doing, but I'm choosing to ignore them.  I guess that is one in the same though. 

This week I have been on vacation with my family.  It's been such a sweet little break from work!  I needed a break from all the "pushing" that they do to us reps.  Not only that, I needed a break from dialing 60 phone calls a day AND APPEARING TO BE BUSY FOR 8 HOURS.  Did I mention that I hate my job?



Yes, I know that it could be worse, so I am trying to make the best of it.  For the most part the break has been incredible for my daughter and I.  We've had so much fun playing, swimming, going for stroller walks.  I've loved every minute of it and so has she.  It's going to be hard to go back to work tomorrow.

Not only did I take a break from work, I decided to take a break from working out and dieting.  Luckily, I have only gained 1 lb back from Tuesday night's drink fest.  Other than that, it's been nice to actually feel like a normal human being that eats meals with no regard as to how it will affect my body. 

So why did I decide to take the week off?  The first reason is that I have been going at this weight loss ordeal since Feb.  I have had great results from Feb-May, but the past 2 months I have been stuck and teeter tottering back and forth a couple pounds. 

Is it a plateau?  Maybe.  Really though, who plateaus for 2 months?  Personally, I think I was just going through the motions.  I did lose a pant size, so I know that I still lost something the past 2 months, but I haven't lost any inches and my weight has fluctuated 1-2 lbs. 

Taking a break is actually something I did with my previous weight loss journeys and I always turned things around when I return.  It might be that I feel refreshed and ready to hit it hard again, but I think in general, it gives my body time to adjust to the weight loss.  It evens things out.

So, on Monday I will be back at it in full force.  Counting points and working it to some Turbo Fire full force.  I am going to try to push through another month of Turbo Fire and then I need to change to something else.  I have Chalean Extreme already, but I was thinking about doing Brazilian Butt Lift first and possibly running too, since I still haven't bought weights to do the Chalean Extreme workouts.

So, there ya have it.  I deserved a much needed break and I took one.  I did work out two of the days while on vacation.  I did one 45 min cardio class with TF and I took a 6 mile walk downtown.  The 6 mile walk alone made me sore for like 3 days. 

Skinny Gal....  Somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment