Sunday, July 8, 2012

Whole Wheat/Organic Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

Whole Wheat/Organic Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

Another first timer for me.  I have never tried Orzo, but I LOVED it as well.  It was so good and will continue to be apart of my healthy eating from here on out. 


Ingredients
1 cup of orzo (I used whole wheat/organic)
1 can of FF chicken broth
1/2 cup of skim milk
1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1/4  cup of fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbls of light butter (I use I can't believe it's not butter-light)

Directions: Melt butter in a skillet and add orzo to saute it until it is lightly browned, throw in chicken broth and heat until boiling, once it's boiling, reduce heat and cover for 15 mins or until cooked.  Add in your Parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, and milk.  Stir together on low heat until cheese is melted and creamy.  ENJOY!

Skinny Gal..... Somewhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment