Monday, July 23, 2012

The Weekend is Over... Bummer.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  I had a decent time trying to forget about this past work week and I did some damage control while doing so.  I have been on edge for about a month now and typically I bottle all my emotions up until I just explode.  Well, that happened.  I typically do not cry, and if so it's usually caused by stress.  I'd say I cry maybe twice a year, because usually it takes about 6 months for my emotions to pour out and then it just floods for like a days time.  So, why have I been so upset??? 

An opportunity came up at work and I applied for it.  It's something I have always seen myself doing and I wouldn't have to do sales anymore.  Unfortunately, everyone has told me that I am not going to get it, since there is a more qualified candidate that applied for it.

I feel like someone has shot my dog or something.  It was an opportunity for me to finally over come what has stressed me out for so long.  It would have been better security for my family, about an 8-10K raise (which is what I need more than anything), and better hours with having my small children.

I wouldn't have to live pay check to pay check anymore, I wouldn't have to worry about getting laid off every day, and I wouldn't have to work every Saturday and not as many late hours.

So, over all the time I had to just soak in these emotions over the weekend, I feel like I am going to come out ahead.  Regardless, if I get the position or not, it's an opportunity for me to work on myself.  To overcome people's opinions....  I am going to kick ass, take names, and basically say "Fuck You" to the non-believers.

My stand in boss told me that I want the position so bad, that that's probably why I won't get it.  She said she was in the exact same situation and when they slammed the door in her face, it just made her work harder to get where she's at today.  This is how management treats you at where I work...  :)  Isn't it fabulous?!?  It's one negative comment after the next.   

I think she expects that it will make me work harder at work, but actually, it's going to help me work harder to find another job.  I can't continue working in a position to where I am so incredibly unhappy.  I've always had a happy demeanor and I need to find that person again.

So, on the weight loss front, I was doing good until Thursday.  I was down to 197lbs, and then I started heavily drinking and eating and it was all down hill from there.  I've gained 4 lbs since Thursday.  This puts me back above 200.  So, today I officially get back to my hard core dieting and exercise routine.  Maybe I needed that little spurt of badness to overcome this goal.....

Today starts week 2 of C25K.  I ran 4 days last week and other than my thighs rubbing and causing a friction rash, I seem to be doing well with it.  Any suggestions for the runners out there as to what I can do to reduce this?




                

    

4 comments:

  1. Body Glide! I think Gold Bond has a new product called Friction Defense that does the same thing. In the meantime you could try Vaseline or baby powder. If you can't tell, I have the same freaking issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the body Glide ordeal like a jelly or a powder? I don't know how I feel about a jelly time product, but then baby powder just gets wet and then it's friction again. I might just start rocking the biker shorts. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a stick of deodorant, but not powdery. I also enjoy a nice spandex now and again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Body Glide will become your best friend! Highly recommend. I use it wherever my clothing (or inner thighs) touch my skin.

    ReplyDelete