Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 1, Day1 of C25K

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle..... 

That is the first thing that I noticed as I started running.  I was jiggling everywhere. 

I have came a LONG way so far this year.  I have lost a total of 36lbs and 42".  THAT'S A LOT!  Not as much as I could have done without having the responsibilities that I currently have. 

A little history about Mrs. SGS.  In High School I was heavy.  My first boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me over a girl that had just moved into town and was tall, pretty, and thin.  It was heart breaking.  I decided I needed to make a change.  I lost 60 lbs in a very short amount of time.  I played soccer for my H.S. soccer team and I would come home from practice and continue to work out.  I loved how fast the results showed.  I remained real thin until I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease in 2006 and had to have my thyroid eliminated.  In the year and a half that it took to get my thyroid regulated by Synthyroid, I gained 100 lbs.  I let my weight set until I got pregnant with my daughter last year 2011.  I realized that I would never be able to run around with her in the back yard.  So, after I had her, I decided I had to make serious changes again AND for good!

My daughter is the reason I breath healthier now.  She is my WORLD completely.  I still have a long way to go, but it's always a work in progress. 

So, anyways, Week 1 Day 1 of C25K wasn't too bad.  Getting past the JIGGLE was the hardest part.  I felt my saddle bags around my hips and rear really jiggling more than anything, but that's ok, because one of these days, I won't have to battle this bulge anymore.

The first week I believe starts you out on a 5 min. warm up, and 8 intervals of running for 60 seconds and walking 90 seconds and a 5 min. cool down. 

Random change of subject:
I found out on Saturday that I will be in my brother's wedding in Sept. 2013 as a bridesmaid, so that means I still have 70 lbs to lose before that date.  Should be cake, right???   



2 comments:

  1. The jiggle, oh how I remember the jiggle! It does go away, usually pretty quickly :) Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that jiggle when you run- I haven't been able to run a whole lot because I have a knee that gives me issues :( Loved hearing your story :)

    ReplyDelete