Wednesday, July 18, 2012

C25K: Week 1 Day 3

I woke up this morning bright and early at 6 am and I was scared my knee was going to bother me, but it didn't.  It felt much better.  On the other hand I stepped out of my bed and couldn't walk, because my calve muscle was as hard as a rock.  It literally felt like an anchor that was weighing me down.  I debated if I was even going to run today.  I hopped back into bed thinking I would just do a Turbo workout this morning and fell back to sleep until 8:30 when Brynnie woke. 

I got up and still the calve muscle was bothering me.  What I found weird was it's just in my left leg-opposite of the knee that was bothering me.  I must have put more pressure into the run with my left legs since my right knee was killing me. 

I did my usual routine, fed Brynn, and all that jazz.  I got ready to do some kind of work out and as I was stretching my legs I decided I could run.  I broke out the good ol' treadmill and did it.  I HATE treadmills!  I enjoy running so much more, because I don't focus on my time I have left while running.  It wasn't dreadful, because it was only 30 mins, but I did stare at my time the entire time and I couldn't wait for it to end.  I did have a better time with my knee since the treadmill has the shock resistance to it.

So, I did it!  I completed day 3 with a smile on my face!  :)  WHOO-RAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment