Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

I blushed a little when I found I was nominated from Erin at Homemade Happenings.   Check out this sweet, sweet gal's blog.  On another note, I am taking Erin's advice and going comfortable for this evenings reunion.  I decided that this was an event to splurge for, so I went to my favorite store, New York and Company, and bought a $68 outfit for this evening that I think is going to be smokin' hot.  I'm just striving for that Stephalicious look in all honesty.  I'm hot in my own way.  Hey, if Fergie can create her name as Fergalicious, I can too damnit. 

So, I know a lot of you voted dress #2 earlier this week, so I wore that outfit yesterday and I wanted to show it off.  This is a dress I bought at Kohls for $10!!!


Dress-Kohls-$10-On clearance NOW, go buy it hookers
Boots-Shoe Carnival-5 yrs old
Belt-New York and Company
Necklace-Body Central

I actually bought the dress for $5, because I purchased the black one too which was $10 and I had a promotional $10 off without a limit purchase from the mail.  Can you tell I am typically a bargain shopper???

OK, here is the big reveal for the hair....  I mean, it's like a red carpet premier in my mind...  lol  Actually, the hubs said he didn't want me to go as dark as the picture from the other day, so I settled in the middle.  I darkened it up for fall so I don't look washed out and I kept the blond.  I had her darken the low light to a dark carmel color which I had her do the entire bottom layer, the underneath portion and low light it throughout.  I had her keep the blond at a platinum color.  I LOVES IT!  I was going for that look where you could tell that I have it colored.  I sometimes get bored with looking natural.  It's really hard to tell the hair in the picture.  I am going to take several pictures tonight and hopefully you will see it better with the off white cardigan I bought.   



7 Random Facts Brought to You By:  Skinny Gal.... Somewhere.

  1. I'm pretty sure NO ONE knows this about me.....  I secretly love to dance while getting ready for an event.  I love playing my music loud and being goofy, which is why it takes me so much longer to get ready than for work.
  2. I love karaoke and I love to sing too, though my husband trumps my efforts with his golden voice.  This momma went out on Thursday and I sang mostly duets.  Shawn and I sang "Don't You Want me Baby" by the Human League, a friend and I sang "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips and we even did the Bridesmaid's dance along with it (One of my all time favs), and I sang "Moves like Jagar" by Maroon 5 with the DJ.
  3. I'm very career oriented.  I am currently up for a promotion that would literally double my salary.  I have 3 intense interviews next week.  Fingers crossed people!!  Along the same lines--There is no way on earth I could ever be a stay at home mom!!  I need adult interaction.  Period.
  4. I haven't went on a vacation since I was 18 years old...  That's 11 years people!!!  My mom bitches about not going on a cruise every year, and it makes me want to chuck something at her.  People can be so spoiled!!  I haven't gone on a vacation, because I never have the money and usually my vacation time goes to watching my kiddos.  Before my kiddos it was always work, college, and again - NO money.  I bought my house 4 years ago and it literally sucks the life out of me and my bank account.
  5. I think collectibles are pointless.....  Which is one MAJOR ordeal with my hubs.  He collects everything-Hot Wheels, Star Wars EVERYTHING, Tron EVERYTHING, toys, old timey bottles, etc, etc etc.-----POINTLESS and that shit takes up too much space!!!  It disgusts me really.  I even hate buying toys for my girls.  It's just extra junk laying around that is trashing up my house.  Brynn usually plays with her toys, so I am ok with hers.  Sam does not, which is why I hate buying them for her.  She has SO many toys that she takes them all for granted.  That is a story for another day though.....
  6. I am not a punctual person.  At work it's hit and miss whether I am on time.  Sometimes I am on time and other days I am anywhere from 1-5 mins late.  For everything else......  Always late.
  7. I am so terrified of snakes, that I can't watch them on T.V., see them in zoo exhibits, play with the little snake toys in the stores, etc.  I have a MAJOR phobia with snakes.  Every time I see one, I get chills and have to close my eyes.     
Here are the ladies that I am tagging that haven't been tagged (I don't think):


-Fun fact:  Jenny was my 1st follower.  Love her!





Here are the details if you are tagged:

1. Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
2. Let the nominated bloggers know they have been nominated
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post

Pictures from the reunion on Monday!!!

Have a great weekend bloggies,
XOXO


6 comments:

  1. Seriously...I think it was fate that we met bc I too am a majorrrrrrrr bargain shopper on EVERYTHING! We were sisters in a former life....that has to be it.

    I hope you have a blast at your reunion, can't wait to see pics! Way to go on the interviews...I will keep you in my thoughts!

    Thank you sooo much for the nomination! My love for you just grew a little more! I effing LOVE yourhair, it is sooooo sexy! Dayummm girl! You are Stephalicious! Woot!

    That is so funny about your snake-a-phobia, my dad was the exact same way!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie... Your new blog photos are so cute. I love your hair color, too. It's probably best you went the comfy route.

    In other news... I hope you rock those interviews and then take yourself on a much deserved vcation-- you are 11 years overdue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, you look amazing!! I'm so jealous of your beautiful hair! That dress is rocking too :) Second, while vacations are fun paying for a house is a wayyyy better idea, lol. Thank you for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, check out my blog for deets! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that dress! Agree about collectibles.... if that stuff is worth so much, then sell that shit on ebay! My hubs is a hoarder, I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely LOVE the hair. Like. LAAAAAAAAHUVE it. I really really do. The outfit looked smokin:) AND you can basically peg me for all of your random facts - except 6 - I have heart palputations when I know I am going to be late. I am usually the 1st one there. Oh and #4 - it hasn't been 18 years but not too far off.

    ReplyDelete