Friday, September 14, 2012

The Battle of the Boot.....

Here's a fun story for ya....

The other day I did a post about "Imma sucka fo...", well I was shopping at shoe carnival last Friday and I noticed that cowboy boots were back in style this year.  I thought, "Finally, I can drag my pairs I bought from Charlotte Russe out from SEVEN years ago when cowboy boots were last in style AND I was finally thin enough to fit into them again in the calves." 

So, I wore my brown pair with no problems on Monday.  On Tuesday I wore the black pair...  When I got home to take them off, I could not for the life of me get the damn left boot off my foot.  I pulled for about 5 mins, then I laid on the floor and my hubs pulled for a bit.  Shawn was like, "I bet you won't wear these again."  He honestly hates all boots on women.  I have no idea why, but he says it makes his penis crawl up inside of him.......  Just the thought of that cracks me up and I know that was probably TMI, but hey, I bet you giggled like a school girl who has a crush.

I sat there in the floor, Brynn was crawling all over me since I had just walked in the door, Shawn had given up on me, and my foot was just stuck about half way up the shoe.  I had sweat dripping down my face and neck and I laid there defeated by a cowboy boot.  The random thoughts about how I shouldn't have squeezed my fat leg into this sausage casing started appearing.  I was just about to the point of taking scissors to my old friends when I decided to give tugging on them one last try. 

I slipped my foot back into the boot the best I could and started pouring baby powder down into the boot.  I probably used about a quarter of the container.  So, I started pulling it off again and I realized what had happened.  The lining in the boot had torn off from the heal and it had created like a stopper inside the shoe to where I couldn't get the it off.  Praise Jesus!  I had an instant boost of confidence, because it wasn't just about my fat calve anymore!!!!  I justified it that way and claimed the damn boot was just cheap.

After maneuvering and tugging for about 2 more mins, I finally got the cowboy boot off.  Note to self: Always wear socks with cowboy boots from now on!! 

End of story, I hope I made you smile on this last day of the work week.      

P.S. I'm tired and thankful that it's Friday!!

I have the very sleepy--I can barely hold my eyes open-- pre-coffee pounding-- glossy eye going on this morning.


Saturday is my daughter's FIRST Birthday!!  The big ONE.

We're having it at the house and it's going to be a "Diva in training" themed Birthday.  Originally we were going to go with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, since we watch it every morning together and it's the only show that captures her attention (I hate to say it, but I think she has squirrel syndrome like mommy).  For some reason when I went to Target, they had no Mickey Mouse decorations, so I had to find something different.  I'm too busy and too tired to run around town looking for Mickey Mouse decorations.

I will have many photos to show on Monday of her. 

Have a great weekend bloggies!

 

3 comments:

  1. Holy boot drama girl - so glad you are still not clomping around stuck in one boot:) I don't know but my hubby hates skirts with boots and I basically live in that during the winter. What is it with those men? Boots RULE!

    I love the birthday theme for your little diva. Too cute - have a great weekend and an AWESOME party, can't wait to see pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me try this again... Girl, I have no idea!!! I always thought boots were kind of hot on women. IF you wear the sexy/cute ones anyways. At least I know how to keep him away with my shield of boots. lol Have a good weekend Melanie, I am SO jealous of your margaritas and I plan on diving into some this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you survived BootGate 2012 :) I love the look of cowboy boots but I am just not brave enough to try them...and also MrD thinks they look silly so I have to spare him that LOL

    Can't wait to see pictures of little diva's party!!! Have a blast!

    Oh and bleary eyed or not, you still look hot in your pic! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete