Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back to the Bizzzz....

I officially feel "flabby" again even though I have only gained back like 3 pounds and a few inches, but I haven't worked out in about 2 months due to being ridiculously busy and sickness.... 

I have several workout DVD's and books.  One of my hobbies is reading diet fad books just to see what the "big secret" is to them and what they recommend as to how to lose weight.  I saw one of my Biggest Loser books and decided to take a peak at it since my workout routine is going to be around the famous Ms. Jillian. 

One of my major problems is my diet.  I realized over the past 2 months I have fallen back into bad habits...  Chocolate everyday at work, Diet Mt. Dew, alcohol, over eating, etc, etc, etc.  I am a fatty for a reason. 

I think my first major downfall was drinking the diet dew.... Studies show that Diet beverages make you feel hungry, and yes, I totally agree!!!  Since I am dedicated to losing this weight, I decided to dropped the dew.....  I'm sorry Dew...  You know I love you, but you gots to go!! 

Secondly, absolutely no more chocolate!!!  This should be easy.  Chocolate is just like any other addiction I have ever had.  If I don't think about it, then I can easy to forget about it.  Kind of like all my ex's...  It's like they never existed!!!

Oh alcohol.....  You marvelous little dirty deed...    Luckily, my newest game plan for clean eating by Biggest Loser allows up to 200 calories for "Extras".  That's 2 glasses of wine, 1 1/2 bottles of beers, or 2 shots of distilled liquor.  I think I am going to start drinking wine more often than beer.  I love the taste of beer so much that it is sometimes hard to stop drinking it when I am out with friends. 

So here's the pyramid for my food plan:



It's supposed to be all "clean" foods.  Preferably fresh fruits and veggies.  I am trying to avoid frozen and canned foods, but sometimes that is the easiest with children, chores, and my full time job.

I think the hardest part about this diet will be reducing my whole grains to only 2 servings.  I might have to have at least 3 servings. 

My goal is to be between 1200-1400 calories everyday.

Yesterday I hit 1408 calories and I felt like I was starving!!  I hate the new change of starting a diet.  When I eat foods that I don't really like, I seem to notice that I am more hungry on those days.  I didn't get to prep my food yesterday.  I worked from 7:30am-12:00pm then I was back from 3:00pm-9pm.  It's our start week and all of my students were starting yesterday, so I had to be here for majority of the time and I spent my break and the grocery.  It seriously felt like the longest day ever.  Not to sound dramatic, but it sucked monkey balls that have been dragged through the dirt!

Today I started the famous 30 Day Shred,  I also have No More Trouble Zones and 6 pack in 6 weeks.    These are all Jillian Michael DVD's.  I am going to try to do the shred every day and if I get time do the other programs I will alternate those.

I spent quite a bit of money on small individualized Tupperware, where the sections are the appropriate serving size for meat, fruits, and veggies.  Here is my lunch for today.  Nothing very special, but the wrap has peppered turkey lunch meat, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and fat free ranch which is wrapped in a 100 calorie tortilla wrap.  I also have red grapes, carrots, and cauliflowers.     

 

Ok, here we go, here are my accountability photos and measurements (bare with me, this was early this morning and I had not showered and looked a hot mess, but I don't believe in "looking good" to work out in my own home or at the gym):


I measured today and most of my measurements were the same.  I have gained back a few inches in my hips/stomach, I'm sure it's from my badonkadonk....    If you haven't seen my progression photos from this year, then check out the progress I have made so far-here.

Waist: 39"
Calves: 17"
Neck: 12" 
Thigh: 24"
Arm: 12"
Chest: 38"  
Hips: 43"
Weight: 198 lbs

I am almost half way through my weight loss journey.  I promised myself a 100 lb weight loss.  I have lost 36lbs since Feb. this year.  I have 64lbs left to lose by May 2013.  I hoping that since I took 2 months off, I will hit the ground running and lose quite a bit pretty fast with dedication and hard work. 

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. You got this girl - you can totally do it. I agree the hardest thing to cut out shall be my beloved liquor - LOL. I should start the shred again with you all but I am freaked out about over doing with the half-marathon training. I know stupid - I think I tell myself that to psych myself OUT of doing it. LOL. I am rooting you on:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that might be a little much!! I hope your week has gotten better with Elle. I can say that I am feeling it today. My muscles are SORE! Which I guess is a good thing. :)

      Delete
  2. You can do this, Stephanie!!

    Like you, food is my problem. But you're doing the best thing by tracking your calories and laying out a plan that fits for you-- I'm loving the pyramid.

    And kudos for posting pictures and taking measurements... That always lit a fire under me to lose the weight quicker.

    It's easier to only worry about five pounds at a time. My goal was always five pounds. I would lose it... celebrate for a day or two... then get back on the horse.

    YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU WILL DO IT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome and are getting back on the right track :)That weight should fall right off once you get back to it! I'm supporting ya from the sidelines girl---or supporting ya right along with ya. I just started back working out after about a month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU CAN DO IT GIRLLLLLL! I have totally got your back! I am about to start the 30DS with hubby along with my gym workouts because something needs to get this weight gone!!!! Cheering you on!! *picks up pom poms*

    ReplyDelete