Monday, June 4, 2012

Weight Watchers Points Plus

Have you ever wanted to do Weight Watchers, but didn't have the money to do it? 

The great thing about technology these days is that you can essentially do Weight Watchers for free with all the information on the web that has leaked from the actual Weight Watchers website.   

Today I am going to provide all my little cheats that I have found over the past 6 months.

The best tool I have found to help me track everything is the App on my phone called Ultimate Weight Watchers Diary.  The icon for the app should look like this:


If you hate buying apps like I do, you might cringe at the $3.99 cost to purchase this tool.  This is a ONE time fee and it is the BEST purchase you will make if you want to be committed to doing the Weight Watchers plan. 

Here's what this nifty app does for you:
  • It will calculate your daily allowance and provide you with the amount of points you need
  • It has a diary to where you can keep track of your food intake and exercise routine
  • It will calculate a food that you need to know the points for by inputting the fat grams, carb grams, protein grams, and fiber per serving
  • It already has most foods in the search portion for the diary, so that you don't have to calculate them very often
  • If you download the bar code scanner app, you can scan your label for quick input of foods
  • It has a separate page where you can keep track of you daily intakes of water, fruits, vegetables, milk, and daily vitamins to help you strive for all your helpings in these areas
  • You can keep track of you body measurements and weight to see your progress every week
It's pretty much flippin' amazing!!!!  I have an Android (I don't think that this is available for Iphone users), but I am sure there is one that is very similar to this one for the Iphone.

So, if you can't use an app to calculate your daily allowance, this would be your first step. 

You can calculate that here.

With the new Points Plus program, you are usually given an amount of DAILY points and 49 WEEKLY points just in case you go over your daily usage.  What I have noticed, is that the weeks I use only my daily allowance, I lose anywhere from 2-5lbs depending on my activity.  If I use all of my weekly and daily points I usually lose anywhere from 1-2lbs.  I am happy with ANY kind of loss, but I typically like seeing the 2+ weight loss for the week.  

If you don't have a nice little app to calculate your foods, then you would need to either calculate them yourself with this equation:  Points Plus =

(Fat (g) / 3.8889) + (Carbohydrate (g) / 9.2105) + (Protein (g) / 10.9375) - (Fiber (g) / 12.5)

OR visit the Weight Watcher's calculator page for FREE- here.

Now, if you don't have a diary app, then you would need to write your points down in some kind of journal OR find an app that has just the diary for free (there are several out there that you can choose from). 

I can now share with you all the websites I use for recipes and the points for fast foods and such.  My favorite website for looking up Plus Points on restaurants and fast food establishments is Dotti's Website.  She has dedicated an entire website to Weight Watcher's Points and has just about every national food establishment on there.  You can check out her website-here.

If you run into a restaurant that is not on her web page, then I usually resort to looking up the website to that particular restaurant and finding the nutritional info page and calculating out what I ate from there.

Lastly, here are my favorite sites for recipes:


Hopefully, this was helpful to the individuals looking to start dieting through Weight Watchers.  I did Weight Watchers the first part of the year and lost 20lbs and 17".  Since doing that I have done Beachbody and calorie counting and I have lost another 12lbs and 22".  Today I started doing both, so we'll see how the results go doing two awesome programs!!  
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Great info! I may have to do this just to change it up a bit :)

    ReplyDelete