Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Creamy Spaghetti Squash and Spinach

Creamy Spaghetti Squash and Spinach


This literally took me 20 mins to cook and 5 mins to prepare.  I have to admit, I LOVE spinach, so I put it into most dishes.  I have to get my Vitamin K somehow, right?  Anyways, THIS WAS SIMPLE.  Here is what I did:

Ingredients
1 whole spaghetti squash
1 bag of steamfresh spinach-lightly sauced
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of powder garlic
1/4 teaspoon of Mrs. Dash
Dash of Italian seasoning.
1 tbls of grated Parmesan
1/4 cup of Water

So, if you don't know what the "steamfresh" bag of spinach looks like and what brand-- it's this:


HOW TO COOK SPAGHETTI SQUASH!!

Let me just say I have tried cooking it through the oven and it did not cook through and I ended up throwing it away.  My hair dresser told me to cook it this way and it actually turned out great!

  • Cut your spaghetti squash in half LENGTH wise.
  • Scrape out the seeds and strings-the loose area in the middle
  • Put the squash face down in a microwavable dish in 1/4 cup of water
  • Cover the dish with plastic wrap
  • Microwave it for 15 mins on high
  • Pull out and take a fork and scrape out the strands of squash
  • If there are areas that look white and not cooked through, microwave it a couple more mins
  • Strain excess water if needed out of the strands of squash
Directions for the meal:
  • Cook your spinach per directions on the bag (microwave for 5 1/2-6 mins of so)
  • Combine all ingredients--your cooked strings of squash (both halves), the entire bag of spinach, spices and top with Parmesan.
Nutrition: (This is based on 4 cups worth of spaghetti squash once it's stranded out) 2 cups per serving of meal- 207 Calories, 7.75g Fat, 6.7g Protein, 23.75g Carbs, 4.4g Fiber.  5 WW plus pts.  Should come out to 2 servings-4-5 cups




No comments:

Post a Comment