Thursday, June 7, 2012

HAIR!

I often get asked what I use on my hair.  I also get a ton of compliments with it.

First off, it took me over a year to get my hair this long!  Brynn keeps trying to convince me to get the "mommy cut" by pulling it out all the time, BUT that will not be happening since it took so long to grow.

I get my hair foiled with highlights and low lights about every 8-10 weeks as well as a trim each time I go.  My original hair color is a nasty dish water color that's dull and boring. 

I usually curl my hair with either a regular curling iron-1 1/2" or a 1" curling wand.  I try to limit the usage with my curling wand, since it's hard on my hair.  I also wear it straight on days where I am rushed for time.  I usually use my hair chi for straightening.

I LOVE to accessorize my hair.  I know, I am such a girlie-girl.  I DON'T know what happened.  I used to be such a tomboy, then I started working with girls that were real into make-up and when our town finally got a Sephora (which is my 2nd favorite store EVER), it was over.  I know for a fact that the more expensive products out there are totally better for your skin and worth the cost. 

I had my hair pretty short about a year and a half ago and so I started wearing headbands and such.  Well, this pretty much has continued since then.  I love me some headbands, flowers, little bows, etc.  Here is a pic from this morning at my desk from work.  As you can tell, I was in a rush this morning, hence the straight hair.     

Headband is from Forever 21

Pretty much all my clothes come from New York and Company.  I will occasionally buy things from Target.  My hair accessories usually come from just about anywhere.  I like Forever 21, because they have cheaper items.   

So here are some shots from Monday's hair style, for whatever reason it looks super blond in these:


I curl my hair by spiraling it away from my face except the short front pieces.  Sometimes I will curl those away too and have more of that 70's look like in my profile photo. 

I typically try to use different hair products all the time to test out new ones and see how I like them, but everything I am currently using seems to be perfect! 

So, to wash my hair, I am currently using Nexus Pro-mend.  It keeps the split ends at bay.  The bottles look like this:
I dry my hair with a towel until it is damp and use Aquage Detangler on my hair.  This is the BEST detangler I have ever used and I will never venture away from it.  It softens my hair and doesn't weigh it down.  The bottle looks like this: 
I sometimes use a root boost on the back of my hair when I wear it straight to lift it.  I like the Big Sexy Hair product line quite a bit, so I use their root boost:

After curling my hair I use Tresemme level 3-4 hairspray on my hair to hold the curl.  I used to use Big Sexy Hair-hair spray, but I go throw it so fast that it was getting to be too expensive.  Tresemme is light and doesn't make your hair look greasy. 

And lastly, I use Bed Head's Rockaholic-Dirty Secret dry shampoo on my hair to add extra lift.  The powder in it adds volume.  :)  And that's my dirty little secret.....  :)
I hope this helps!

-Skinny Gal..... Somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment