Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Eating Healthy 101 Food Example #1

I often get asked what exactly it is that I eat through out the day.  I plan on starting to post a meal once a week to give everyone an example of what I eat for individuals that may not be used to eating well or dieting.

This is what I ate from this morning:


Scrambled Eggs- 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites, 1 TBLS of dry Basil, and a handful of fresh Spinach.

How to cook eggs:  1. Rub in olive oil in a non-stick skillet just so the eggs don't stick.  2. Scramble your egg, egg whites, and Basil.  3. Cook in the skillet until eggs start to form and toss in the spinach until completely cooked.

Fresh Strawberries- 1 cup

8 oz. of H20

My breakfast totalled a big 5 WW points plus and was super filling!!

By the way, I learned that Basil is a great replacement for salt and pepper on eggs after reading the O2 Diet.  One of my hobbies back in the day was to read Fad diet books.  Of course, this was before I had my daughter, and well, now I have NO time to read a book. 

The O2 Diet was actually one of my favorite reads out of the bunch.  It taught me so much about antioxidants and how important they are in your body.  The scrambled eggs recipe, which is super simple, is actually found in the O2 Diet recipes. 

Some great seasonings on the ORAC chart are:
  1. Ground Cinnamon
  2. Basil
  3. Oregano
  4. Rosemary
  5. Thyme
So, I usually try to use these seasoning on anything I make.  Spinach is also high on the ORAC charts.  You can find ORAC values- HERE, the higher the value, the better the food.  Spices usually rank high, so use those spices instead of salt and pepper!!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment