Sunday, June 24, 2012

Crock Pot Fajitas

Crock Pot Fajitas

These were something I found on pinterest from this site-FAJITAS!  This recipe is extremely low fat and healthy.  Really the only fat content is the chicken.

Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast
4-bell peppers in various colors (green, red, yellow, orange)-sliced
1 yellow onion sliced
1 1/2 tbls of chili powder
2 tbls cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 lime squeeze
1/2 cup of fat free chicken broth

Directions:
  1. Slice your vegetables thick and trim skin and fat off of chicken
  2. Pour 1/2 cup of broth in the slow cooker
  3. Toss your veggies into the chicken broth
  4. Place chicken on top of that and pour all your seasonings onto of the chicken
  5. Cook on low for 8 hours
  6. Shred the chicken with two forks and mix in the veggies like so and serve!!!


I served the fajitas with whole grain/wheat tortillas, salsa, lettuce and tomatoes.  I think the only thing I am going to change up next time will be to add a can of chilies to the slow cooker.  Momma likes spice and there wasn't quite enough for me in these.

Enjoy!

Skinny Gal..... Somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Giiirl, speaking to my heart with this. I love crock-pot recipes and I'm adding this to my food arsenal :)

    ReplyDelete