Thursday, August 2, 2012

Keeping it Light

I know it's been a while since I last posted.  It's not that I haven't wanted to type something out, it's that I've just been boggled down, but that's really what I want to talk about today.

I've spent the past month pining over my own struggles.  I haven't lost weight (though I haven't tried too terribly hard), I'm stuck in a dead end job, I didn't get a promotion that I needed (Though, my best friend got the promotion and I am happy and proud for her.  She deserved it!), and I'm just tired of living from paycheck to paycheck. 

I for the most part bottle up my emotions.  I'm pretty good at concealing the struggles I am going through, but the past month has not been easy for me to just bottle it all up.  It's, for the most part, because I am just tired of the stress and it's on overload lately.  Stressed out individuals can do some major damage to themselves and to others. 

I woke up this morning, remembering something an old colleague had told me when I worked at my previous job.  He told me to, "ALWAYS keep it light".  Now, that's not a statement that most people will toss out to you, but what he meant by that was to always keep your head up, be likable, joke, laugh, smile, be positive, because all these things come across in your attitude and energy.  People and good things are drawn to positive energy.  No one wants to be around someone that is constantly stressed out and worried anyways.

Usually people that get in this mode go NO WHERE!  They continue to do the same thing over and over and they never pull out of it.

DON'T LET THIS BE YOU.

What I realized today is that through all this, I AM THANKFUL.  I have a beautiful family, I HAVE a job that provides for them, and even though I am still over weight, I am relatively healthy.

Not many people can say these things in the economy we are living in.  Many are struggling in more ways than I am.  Many do not have jobs.  Many do not have their health.  Lastly, not many have loving supporting families. 

So be thankful for what you do have and stop concentrating on what you don't have.  If I've learned anything for this struggle the past month it was to find Stephanie again.  I sometime lose track of who I actually am and what I believe in. 

Know what you believe in and the right from wrong.  Stand up for yourself, because at the end of the day you will always have your integrity.  :)

Skinny Gal..... Somewhere.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment