Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My NEW Challenge

So, in the Arendt household we've had the stress pouring out the top of our roof the past couple of weeks.  Thankfully, I think things will start to slow down soon. 

I get stressed when I don't have the time to workout, clean house, mow the lawn, pull the weeds out of my gardens, do the dishes, etc.  I have no idea why appearance is so important to me, but I think it's because my father rubbed off on me.

My husband rarely gets stressed out.  He constantly tells me, "It'll be ok baby".  To that, I usually roll my eyes and continue to stress out to myself.  Telling him that I am stressed out does nothing to ease the situation.

Well, finally he is stressed out.  :)  We basically have a jungle of a yard, the house looks like a tornado, but hey, I am finally getting some workouts in again.  I guess sometimes you just have to sacrifice the appearance of your home to get a little bit of time for yourself when you have children.  I can't do it all myself, but typically I do.  I am a strong female, and I have ALWAYS taken care of myself and my home with NO help. 

I wish I could afford a house cleaner.  Unfortunately, I don't think that will ever be in the budget.  I also think it's a waste of money sometimes to hire someone else to do something that you can for free.  If I had money oozing out every where, I would hire someone else.  If only I was that fortunate.....

Anyways, on to the fun challenge.  I now have a new goal that doesn't include weight loss!

Both my husband and I are social smokers.  A nasty habit I picked up in my early 20's that repeatedly comes back to haunt me.  It really is a mindset though.  I quit for 3 1/2 year with my ex-husband, I quit while I was pregnant with my daughter, and for some reason I picked it back up when I am at the bar drinking.  I guess the point is, is that when I have a reason to quit it seems to be very easy to do so.

Anyways, I my newest goal on the weight loss front has been to do the C25K 3-5 days a week and eat 1200 calories.  So far this week I am at a 3.4lb loss in 2 days, which is FABULOUS!  I realized yesterday that I need to fully commit myself and sign up for a 5K deadline if I am going to make this running business a priority.  So, I am thinking Race for the Cure which is in 7 weeks.  EEK!

In all these ramblings, there is a point to the story....   :)  So, the hubs is stressed last night and asks me if I want to go outside and smoke with him.  THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WE DO AT OUR HOUSE!  The only time we smoke OUTSIDE of the house is if we have a party, which happens only once/twice a year.

I realized last week that I needed to quit again and for good.  Last week, I didn't work out once, ate like crap, smoked with co-workers occasionally, went out and drank beer one night, etc.  I FELT LIKE CRAP!  I noticed a huge difference from eating healthy, working out and not smoking/drinking.  So, Sunday I told myself that I needed to make some major life style changes if I want to continue to feel better.

So, I told Shawn that I am quitting and I think he should too.  It's something that we both want to do, but then for whatever reason we come back to it when we are dragged into it socially.  I told him that I wanted to run a 5K race in September and the smoking doesn't help with my running, since I am a poor runner to begin with.

He proceeds to tell me, "Well, I tell you what.....  I will continue to smoke, eat what I want, not run one day before this race, and I will run in your 5K with you and I will still beat you....."

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

He is REALLY thin, so I am sure he'll still be able to beat me, but I'd like to actually see him do something other than sit in a chair and play computer games.  I have many things against me.  He ran track in Highschool, he isn't over weight (I am carrying 65 extra pounds), and his stride is longer.

It would mean the world to me if I could beat him....  SO, I'm really going to push.  Just so I can say, "I told you so...."

He doesn't believe that eating healthier or working out matters for whatever reason, because he can eat what he wants and not work out and still be stick thin.  Yea, I'm a hater.....

This is going to be my new moto/motivation:


LOVES IT!!!




                  

No comments:

Post a Comment