Friday, May 11, 2012

Out of CONTROL

I never thought being a Mom would keep me so busy.   I honestly can't remember the last time I SAT DOWN and watched a movie without interruptions.  Hell, the last time I made it out to an actual movie at the theater was when Twilight came out and my mom begged me to go with her back in Octoberish?  I could have thought of other movies I would have rather seen.  Before that it was seeing Bridesmaids when it was out in theaters around May of last year. 

Ever since I came back to work from maternity leave, I have been so OUT OF CONTROL busy on the weekends.  We have had some kind of Birthday party, wedding, friend get-together, karaoke contest, holiday event, cookout, etc.- EVERY weekend since the beginning of the year. 

I am finally exhausted with it!  Does it ever stop?

Here's what I did last night before crashing:
  1. I worked until 6pm
  2. Drove home 
  3. Changed clothes
  4. Cleaned the new-old stove that my hubby had.  Ours finally quit and he had a spare (2-3 yr old) stove at his parents from his previous marriage.
  5. Edited pictures from the baby shower I did last weekend until Shawn had the stove hooked up and running.
  6. Cooked supper (Tilipia and some butter noodles)
  7. Folded some clothes
  8. Ate supper
  9. Edited some more photos while Shawn ate and I held Brynn while she slept
  10. Fed Brynn
  11. Worked out to some TF 45/10 stretch for an hour
  12. Played with Brynn
  13. Took the trash out
  14. Emptied and refilled the dishwasher
  15. Washed all of Brynn's 20-something bottles in the house by hand
  16. Did 2 loads of laundry
  17. Put the sheets back onto the bed
  18. Fed Brynn again and changed diaper
  19. Played with Brynn some more until it was near 11:30pm (since she was wide awake).
  20. FINALLY CRASHED AT 11:45pm 
I sometimes feel like I need a hot pink cape that has the Super Woman logo on the back of it!  And yes, it would be hot pink and not red.  I just roll like that!

It's pretty amazing that I don't weigh a buck-ten with how busy I am.  I guess it's because I love food too much!

I don't think there is ANYTHING anyone can tell you to prepare you for having a child.  

I think it makes it exceptionally harder for me seeing that I DO everything around the house and have 1 full time job and 2 part time extras for extra spending money.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?  

So here's what's planned for this weekend:
  • Rehearsal dinner tonight for the wedding Shawn is in tomorrow
  • Getting the yard mowed
  • Cleaning the bathrooms
  • Vacuuming the entire house
  • Laundry
  • An all day wedding on Saturday in which I am the photographer for and Shawn is in the actual wedding and singing 2 of the main reception songs
  • Finding a gift for my mother for Mother's Day
  • A possible mother's day cookout at my parents on Sunday for Mother's Day. 
  • And hopefully keeping my sanity through all of that!!!!   


Who needs some MO-TIV-A-TION?  

THIS GAL SURE DOES! 

Actually, I have done a fabulous job this week with my weight loss.  I lost the weight I gained from last week and I think I have lost some more inches finally.  I'll have that exciting post on Monday for my readers.  :)


Today's quote is so fitting.  I was frustrated last week from my lack of progress on weight.  Thankfully, I picked myself back up this week!  Regardless of your results, keep pushing yourself....  You WILL find success through your hard work and efforts.  ---->

   
NEVER GIVE UP!  Period! 

 

<<<<  ------  I want all of that!  That to me is the perfect body shape.  Whoever this lady is, she has some BEAUTIFUL curves! 

That's all for today!

XOXO

-Skinny Gal.....  Somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. My head is spinning with all you have to do. SUPERMOM indeed. :) I love your attitude about it- and that's the hardest part is changing/keeping that positive attitude. I have to CONSTANTLY remind myself of that...

    P.S. I love food. So much. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel ya! I just finished final and I finally feel like I can BREATHE again! I can't believe I agreed to another kid, I must have been delirious :) I hear it does get better the older they get, so there's that to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete