Saturday, May 19, 2012

Motivational Saturday?

Well, I usually don't wait this long to post things, but I have been so busy/frustrated this week that I haven't had time to hop in and type something up.

Let me just say that I despise my work even more now that my boss passed away.

They are enforcing rules on us that are just ridiculous.  One of the reasons I have stuck it out as long as I have with my current employment is because the hours are so flexible and it works with my mom watching Brynn.  So, on Tuesday, they lay down the rule that we have to work two nights which are now 12-9p a week, three days 9-6p, and we have mandatory every other weekends scheduled for us.  If we can not work that weekend, we can either take a vacation day or see if someone on the other weekend shift team will switch us.  IT SUCKS! 

So, that happened Tuesday.  On Wednesday I come in and receive an email that my Campus Director is going to possibly REJECT my already APPROVED vacation time in the last week of June, because it happens to fall on a "critical enrollment period" for the school.  Basically, I work for a college that will start students up to two weeks late into their classes and we're expected to encourage them to do so with a smile on our face.  :-S  <---There's my smiley face when I have to start students up that late!!  It literally makes me sick to my tummy. 

My time was approved by my boss that passed away and THANKFULLY I saved his approval email from last March, BUT apparently his approval was tossed out the door when he passed. 

Anyways, my director finally approved it since my "extenuating circumstance" was that I had a planned/paid family vacation.  Then he wanted me to commit to my goal for our June start and he reminded me that I still needed to make my planned goal even though I had a vacation planned.  SERIOUSLY?

He also sent this hateful email out to the entire recruitment team about how we shouldn't "inappropriately" request time off the 2 weeks before our starts and the 2 weeks after.  That's 4 weeks and we have 4 starts a year, which means we can not request time off without what they feel is a "valid" reason for 16 weeks out of 52 in a year.  We also have to be at every orientation which is another 4 weeks in the year, so 20 weeks out of 52 in a year are blocked off for us.  Isn't that great?

I think it's been the longest week I have ever had at work.  I am completely drained with hate and I am NOT a hateful person.  Every day I just feel SO tired.  It takes all I have to drag myself out of bed to come to work. 

I am trying ever so hard to make a change.  Work is a big part of life for me, and if it's not working for me, then I need to move on.  I hate being unhappy.  It's just not my character. 

Has anyone else ever experienced a bad manager or policy at work?  Please share and make me feel slightly better about where I am at.  :)

On to the great things about my bloggy.  :)  I unfortunately lost some focus through all the bullshit I have gone through this week, but I am still doing well toward my goals.  I'm probably not going to hit my 5 lbs loss, but I have lost about 3 so far this week.  So maybe 4 by Monday????  Hopefully??? 

Since I missed Motivational Friday, we'll have Motivational Saturday today.


What a great saying!!!!




Hotness!!  I want to look that good in a bikini, and heck, I probably would hula hoop too by the lake if I looked that smokin' hot!  LOL  Who does this?   

Happy Saturday everyone!  Think of me while I sit here at work and waste away.
          

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is total BS about your vacation! I hate working for people who don't realize that you are a person with a life outside of work! Hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks Megan! It's good to know that others feel like it's BS too. :)

    ReplyDelete