Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bourbon Chicken Kabobs

Bourbon Chicken Kabobs

These to me tasted like bourbon chicken that you get from the Chinese places at the malls and such.  It wasn't what I was going for, since I was just throwing things together and this is what came out.  :)  I wouldn't be able to tell you the nutrition aspect of it like I usually do, since everyone can cut however many little pieces of chicken they wanted onto their kabob sticks.  I can't imagine it would be too terribly bad for you though. 


Ingredients
1-1.5 lbs of raw chicken tenders
4 tbls of low sodium soy sauce
3 tbls of Jack Daniels (honey smokehouse) barbecue sauce
2 tbls of olive or canola oil
1/4 tsp of powder garlic
1/4 tsp of pepper

Cut and clean up raw chicken tenders.  I am pretty anal about cleaning up my bird before eating it, it has to have all fat, skin, and any visible veins and such removed.  I probably waste a lot of good meat on it, but I'd rather do that than crunch down on something that will make me feel sick.  It's a texture thing I guess.

Mix together all the other ingredients.  Put aside 1/3 of the solution in a cup.  Use the remaining 2/3's of the solution as a marinade in the fridge for 30 mins.  

You may have to make more of the marinade if you have more chicken.  

Take the marinaded chicken out and put the pieces of chicken onto the kabob sticks.  I have metal ones, but you can use wooden as well.  

You may need to coat your grill with Pam to keep the chicken from sticking.

Cook on second shelf of your grill (if you have a second shelf) so the the heat isn't direct.  

Flip every 5 mins until cooked and each time you flip them, make sure to coat some more sauce on them for a ton of flavor and tenderness.  

 

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. These look awesomely good....mmm...I'm the SAME way with Chicken!! people tell me I waste meat all the time, but NO..I am NOT taking any chances of biting down onto some nasty vein or fat or BLAHHH!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete