Monday, October 8, 2012

Time To Pull Up My Big Girl Panties

It's time to pull those big girl panties again and take charge.  That's right people, I received my offer for my promotion!!  This is going to take me from an Indian to a chief. 

I am VERY nervous. 

Why you ask?

I work for a company that is very by the book on their policies.  I am going to be forced to do things I may not be comfortable with doing for once in my life, but management comes with responsibilities and it's something I will have to adapt to while I am in this role.

Here are my fears:
  • My friends/work family will despise me for policies my company writes, even though I am just the messenger
  • The elders will not respect me, since I will be their "younger" supervisor.
  • Failure.
  • Not accomplishing the expectation that has been set for me.
  • Not being properly trained.
  • Jealousy.
Is this a feeling everyone experiences when they move up to management? 

On the other end, I am on cloud nine right now!!!  Not one other applicant made it all the way through the interview process and they interviewed a ton of people and had about 200 applicants.  I had a total of 4 interviews to get this promotion, which is why I have been missing in action the past week in the blogging world.  You'd think I was taking a position that made 6 figures given the difficulty of the hiring process.  I interviewed on the local, district, regional, and national level. 

I mean...  WOW.  They picked me.  That in itself is a great feeling and I am proud! 

So now I just have to get past my fear, hold my head high, pull those spanks up of mine and take charge.  GRRRRR. 

I had many employees congratulate me and others who said I was nuts, since it is a tough job.  I spent today working on cleaning my new office.  CHECK. IT. OUT.  I am in heaven!  For the first time in my career I have a freaking door!!!  How cool is that?!?



It's amazing how a door can make someone so happy.  Before my gorgeous new office, I was working in basically a closest space room of cubicles with 10 other employees.  Let me tell you, you hear conversations that you sometimes just don't wanna know about.  You also get frustrated, because sometimes your co-workers won't STFU!  :)

Any who.....  I am nervous, but very happy.  This is going to be such a great opportunity for my career and listen to how snazzy this sounds....  Director of Recruitment....  Awwwww....  I'm stoked.

XO-Skinny Gal... Somewhere.   




 

 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Congrats Congrats. Your fears are completely normal. You are going to do so great. What a huge accomplishment. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo effing proud and excited! Yay office! Its hawt...like you ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you!! The job may very well be tough, but that doesn't mean its nothing you can handle! You'll have good days and bad days and you deserve this promotion! GREAT JOB! Best of luck and congrats on that new office door as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you!!! Congrats! I was promoted to a supervisor after having worked side by side with the people I was now supervising. it was a little challenging at first, but over time they all figured it out and dealt with it. :) good luck, I'm sure you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete