Friday, October 12, 2012

Mixed Emotions

I've considered surrendering my blog.  I know it's going to be difficult to post daily and even every other day with my new position.  Though, I would miss some beautiful relationships I have built with some of my ladies on here.  I feel like every day I miss in blogging, I become less missed in the community.

Ultimately, I will get back on the weight loss band wagon and I will be interesting again.  I mean I look back and think about what I have already accomplished since I had my daughter.  I lost 32 lbs last year after having Brynn and this year I have lost 40 lbs.  I still have 60 lbs to go....  I just needed a break from it for a while.  I hate to make a commitment that I couldn't keep, so I think on Monday I will start working out again, but no programs that I feel I have to be dedicated to while I get used to my new job.

The great thing about this position is that it keeps me so busy throughout the day that I eat way less!  I used to eat a lot of chocolate from our director's candy bowl and NOW I have my very own bowl where he provides me all the candy I want and I don't even think about it.  It sits right in front of me and I am not even the slightest bit tempted. 

So, my first week as boss lady wasn't too terrible.  I feel like I have a lot of support from all my coworkers.  I did run into some issues over vacation request, but I got a quick handle on those at the beginning of the week.  I think my boss is pretty impressed and a little ashamed that he didn't promote me sooner.  I was promoted into a role that has been open for 6 months.  I applied when it first came available, but he didn't want to consider me at the time.

Since Monday I am down 6 lovely pounds.  It makes me incredibly happy seeing that I don't have much time to work out.  Here's hoping for another week next week like this one!

I hope everyone had a good week and I'm sorry to be missing in action this week.  I hope to post more next week. 

6 comments:

  1. awwww you WILL be missed! I'm so happy for you though and your new position! Being busy is SUCH a great thing for your diet, the less you have to think about food the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You can't leave me!!!!! <--- throws a fit on the living room floor.

    Ok...seriously. You have to do what is best for YOU and even though if you go, I will miss you like you have no effing idea...because I have really missed your posts....I hope that we can stay in touch!!!! You are awesomesauce and I am so happy for you and so very proud of what you have accomplished both professionally and personally - you rock mama! <3 XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your first week went well!! I am amazed by you and how awesome you are, between being an amazing mom, moving up the ladder professionally, and looking damn good while doing it, you are a huge inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries, gal! We'll keep checking back. :) You need to focus on other things right now. Congrats on the 6lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will be missed, Steph! And I am so happy that you {finally} got the big promotion!!

    Down 6 pounds? Only bigger and brighter things for you this month, huh? :)

    Have a great week Boss Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be missed in the blogging world, but at least I can keep up on Facebook?! :) :) Congrats on those 6 pounds chica!!

    ReplyDelete