Monday, February 18, 2013

The Gym and I.....

Back to basics, back to blogging my progress for motivation! 

I'm super excited to be back on track with working out.  I went yesterday and joined Planet Fitness, which is probably the best gym I have ever been apart of and it's super cheap.  Plus, plus, plus!!  I always have a hard time justifying the expense of a gym, but this one is only $10 a month...  SAY WHAT?!?! 

So anyways, I'll get off the fact that I'm cheap and talk more about the important stuff. 

The moment I joined and walked into the gym I had that feeling that I remember from my college days when I used to go to the gym every day for several hours.  I used to be a size 3 and 125lbs in college, but it took a lot of dedication to look that way.  The feeling I am speaking of is that sense of relief/love/therapy.  I knew I was home again.  I missed working out at a gym so much over the years!! 

The reason I typically join the gym is due to the fact that get extremely motivated away from my house.  So much that I can spend hours at a gym and at home I am ready to quit within 30 minutes. 

Yesterday I started with alternating running and walking for 20 minutes, then I did this 30 workout station.  It incorporates workouts from the Biggest Loser.  You do different types of stair steps as your cardio for 60 seconds and then you move to a lifting station for 60 seconds and back to the stair steps.  It has a stop light that tells you when to work out and when to stop and move to the next station.  It was fun!  They also had a 12 minute abs workout that I tried.  There's a ton of flab there, so it's a work in progress at this point.  I wanted to continue working out, but I needed to go home after being away for 2 hours.

I then came home and did a muffin top melter workout that I found on Pinterest and a few other quick workouts.  :)

And today......  I am incredibly sore!  Wow, I am out of shape, but I can't wait to go again today! 

XOXO

Skinny Gal.....  Somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment