Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Skinny Gal Somewhere

Skinny Gal Somewhere is my focus to losing weight.  I feel like if I document my progress then I am held accountable, kind of like joining Weight Watcher’s weekly meetings.  The phrase Skinny Gal Somewhere came to me, because I really don’t feel like I’m that heavy.  I have no problems with my back, my blood pressure and cholesterol are perfect, my feet and legs never bother me, but I am classified as having obesity level 3.  I’m short and heavy, though I don’t feel like I am.  For some reason I look in the mirror and see myself one way, but when I see photos or videos of myself then I feel like I look hideous.  It’s always a reawakening for me to see myself in a different light than how I feel.  I usually get to that point where I avoid cameras at all cost, but then I realize how silly I am being instead of dealing with the situation at hand.        
Have you ever heard the phrase “Fat guy in a little coat”?  I feel like I am that inner skinny gal that’s wearing a fat suit.  Which is the complete opposite, but hopefully you get my point.  So, I’m on a search to find my inner skinny gal, I’ve met her before and we were friends for quite some time until I had a thyroid disorder that caused me to gain 110lbs.  I’m also what I call a constant fluctuatore.  I’m one of those girls that can lose and gain weight so easily.  When I want to lose weight, I have no problem doing so as long as I am in the right mind set. 
My senior year of High School I was able to lose 60 lbs after being dumped by my first boyfriend and first love.  I came into my freshman year of college being the skinniest I had ever been and was able to maintain that weight for about 2 years, but over time I got comfortable and when I hit my middle 20’s I discovered the fabulous taste of beer.  I escalated from 123lbs to 265lbs after going through my thyroid ordeal and being stuck in a horrible marriage in which I was depressed.
Once I decided enough was enough and exited my horrible relationship with my first husband, I was able to lose 51 lbs before getting pregnant with my daughter Brynn.   I did gain about 50lbs while being pregnant and was able to lose 34lbs within the first 3 weeks.  I was concerned about my breast milk, so I decided that I wouldn’t try losing weight until I was done with nursing my daughter. 
Well, after about 4 1/2 months I got tired of looking at the heavier me, so now I’ve started trying again.  I usually do diabetic diets, but since I am still breastfeeding I decided to do Weight Watchers for the time to get me started.  So far after 17 days, I have lost 10 lbs.  I started at 234 and I am down to 224 as of today.  I met my first short goal, but many more to go!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment